Applications to renew your EMBA licence for 2019 are now open.
Brief update from 2018
During 2018 we did the following…
From September, we split the trail management between 2 entities (Shongweni and North Coast), each with its own dedicated contractor. This is an effort to ensure a more efficient system and a speedier response to any problems on the trails. To this end we have also set up a tab on our website. This is for riders to inform us where there are any problems. Riders will be required to give name, EMBA number and email address, so we can contact you. Please make sure when you identify a problem you are as specific as possible as to where this problem is located. The reports will come to me and I will redirect accordingly. Please don’t feel obliged to only send us brickbats! We are but human and the occasional “Yeah!” goes far.
During 2018 , due to a fantastic effort from Nigel Warren, one of our riders, 7 bridges were repaired or built for the benefit of EMBA riders. This was paid for by Nigel and for this we are very grateful. These 7 bridges in the Shongweni area played a huge role in ensuring rider safety, particularly during the rainy season where some crossings were becoming somewhat dangerous
In addition, due to the large amount of construction going on in the North Coast, we have bypassed a lot of these hotspots with some very nice single track, and rider feedback to date has been very positive.
In addition, the bridge crossing the N2 from Porsche (Gateway) is now affording MTBers the convenience of accessing the trails from Umhlanga, etc. riding from home.
Access to the Mt. Edgecombe trails is available via the MTB specific underpass at the western edge of the Cornubia Mall through way off to the left-hand side just prior to the delivery road and Cornubia Boulevard junction at the Mall’s western entrance.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR WHAT WE HOPE WILL BE SOME NEW DEVELOPMENTS DURING 2019 IN BOTH AREAS.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING.
- THE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL. The application form is an on-line form. This is required every year, as it incorporates the indemnity (the application form is at the end of this message)
There is a tab on the application form. For Demographic purposes we ask that you tick where you most often ride, North Coast or Shongweni. Your permit is still valid for all regions
New applicants must supply a digital photo. Existing riders who want to update their photo, please feel free to send a new one… Unless you prefer to maintain the illusion of eternal youth.
- The following are the onlyClubs affiliated to EMBA. Being a member of an affiliated club is a requirement for an EMBA licence. If you also plan to get a CSA licence for racing, any of these clubs can assist as they are all required to belong CKZN. (Exception is Tongaat)
The contact details of each club can be found at :
Bring It On
Cadence Cycling Club
Cycle Lab has withdrawn as they currently do not have a Cycling Club
Cycle Specialist new affiliate for 2019
Leighs Cycle Centre
Razzlers MTB Club
SHUT UP & RIDE (SUR)
- FEES FOR 2019
- The fees for 2019 remain the same if you opt to pay in full at application, ie R550.00 per annum
The fee for a scholar/bone fide dependent remains at R250.00
- Any rider who would prefer to pay monthly can now do so. This would be a monthly EFT of 00 (a dependant is R30.00). If you chose this option you would need to pay the first instalment on application, and thereafter I will send a monthly reminder to the payment to be done on the 1st of each month. You will be asked to indicate your preference when you complete the application form.
- A spouse in not defined as a dependent for an EMBA licence.
- A dependent is either a scholar, or a bone fide student (again a wife does NOT fall into this category)
PLEASE email proof of payment to me at: [email protected] or ask your bank to send a copy.
Branch Code 631126
Account Name: EMBA
Cheque A/c No. 4069799583
Payment Reference: Your Name
“EMBA renewal”, “EMBA,” etc.as a reference are only of use on your own bank statements.
These are not helpful to me as a reference, especially when U try to fin out who has actually paid, and I do get these quite frequently.
- SHONGWENI CLUB PARKING ACCESS
If there are any riders who want a Parking disc for Shongweni grounds,
I will be assisting Shongweni Club by issuing the parking access disc for them
This, like your board, is valid from January to December, and can be displayed for 01 December.
The cost is R280.00 pa. Add this to your payment
If you want a disc, please tick the appropriate box on the application form
If you prefer, you can get the parking disc directly from Shana in the Shongweni Offices
- IF YOU ARE A TONGAAT HULETT EMPLOYEE & FAMILY
I still require that you complete the application form, as this incorporates the Indemnity, but there is NO CHARGE FOR 2019
- BIKE BOARDS
The current bike boards (yellow) are valid until 31 December 2018.
The Orange board licence will lapse from 01 January 2019.
The colour of the 2019 boards has not yet been decided.
You may display your 2019 board and enjoy its riding privileges from 01 December onwards.
- DELIVERY OF BOARDS.
Please note delivery as outlined below only takes place during the very busy period- usually December and January. Thereafter the system changes.
- All clubs (except ROAG and Razzlers): Your board will be delivered to your Club. They will confirm your membership and arrange collection/delivery to you.
- ROAG & RAZZLERS : Once I have confirmation of 2019 membership, either from you or from your club, your board can be delivered to one of the following.
- TONGAAT EMPLOYEES: you may choose any of the collection points as below
You can let me know which suits, or I will deliver to the closest based on the address you have given in your application
Cycle Logic Gillitts
Leighs Cycle Centre Umhlanga
If you have any queries about of the contents of this mail, please contact me via :